Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Photography by David Burdeny

Recently an extraordinary photo turned up in my Twitter feed that I just have to share with you.



What we see is quite simple, an iceberg with its shadow. But the way the iceberg's rigid vertical surface divides the photo into 4 quadrants of blue-ish colour really attracts the eye. 

As so often happens, a random photo on Twitter led me to find out more. The photographer is David Burdeny, a Canadian, educated in architecture, whose photography has won awards and been shown in galleries around the world for the last 25 or so years. 


I spent an enjoyable time looking through his online gallery and picked out a few other photos to share here. Of course, his work is for sale so I urge you to both visit his website and contact him if you want more. 








No comments:

Post a Comment