Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Tumbleweeds

A month ago somebody tweeted about driving through a tumbleweed tornado in the state of Washington. Then one of the commenters tweeted this video explaining what tumbleweeds are all about. I didn't know much about tumbleweeds, other than thinking them a quirky part of living in the western part of North America and of course, this romantic song:  

See them tumbling down
Pledging their love to the ground!
Lonely, but free, I'll be found
Drifting along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds.

Cares of the past are behind
Nowhere to go, but I'll find
Just where the trail will wind
Drifting along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds.

I know when night has gone
That a new world's born at dawn!
I'll keep rolling along
Deep in my heart is a song
Here on the range I belong
Drifting along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds.

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Bob Nolan

Tumbling Tumbleweeds lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc



We won't encounter tumbleweeds where I live in S. Ontario but once pandemic restrictions lift, it's very possible we'll hit the road in our car to see more of North America and if we head west, we'll be on the lookout for them. We should watch this video first.



Turns out, there are a lot of tumbleweed storm/tornado videos on YouTube. 

Be mindful if you ever drive over a tumbleweed in your car, that they are extremely flammable. You should stop as soon as able to attempt removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment