Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Blogiversary!


It seems hard to believe, but March 4 is the 10th birthday of Some Favourite Things. What started out to be a way to save for myself as well as share my fairly eclectic interests with family and friends has remained, after approximately 1100 posts, just that. 

Some Favourite Things has also been a way of keeping track of what I read and I've enjoyed writing the occasional book review. I just checked and believe-it-or-not, there are 89 book reviews so far.

I have a small readership that comments only rarely. Statistics show that readers come from across North America as well as parts of Europe, Scandinavia and even Russia and Indonesia. I suspect that most people trip over my blog as part of a Google Search and are one-time visitors. That's ok. I've never been concerned with readership numbers the way so many bloggers and vloggers are these days (and I have no problem with these folks because they are providing income for themselves). No, I started out and continue to do this just for myself and if there are things that others find interesting, that's the icing on the birthday cake.

😊

Doing research, preparing posts has been both a learning experience and an enjoyable way to spend time. Quite a lot of time, in fact.

After 10 years, it would be normal to consider whether to continue. I'm still thinking about that. In the meantime, I will carry on. 

If you're reading this, thanks for visiting Some Favourite Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment