Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Have a Great Summer!

Hello everyone, I'm going to take the summer off from blogging - too difficult with lack of wifi at the cottage. Here are a few photos from my 2018 trek up Offa's Dyke Path, from Chepstow in the south, at the Severn Estuary, 177 miles/285 Km north, with a total elevation gain of 30,000 ft/9100 meters, to Prestatyn on the Irish Sea.

These particular photos were taken at Castell Dinas Bran, the remains of a  medieval castle and, before that, an iron age fort near Llangollen in Denbighshire. I almost didn't go up there because there was a steep climb and it had already been a long day in which we had seen Chirk Castle and walked across the spectacular Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. Like a horse heading for the barn, I was just looking forward to getting to my B and B. The Dutch couple who befriended me urged me on and with the clearing weather and views so spectacular, it turned out to be my favourite place along the entire route. I can't look at these photos without marveling at the stunning beauty of Wales.

Pontcysyllte Aqueduct





Have a wonderful summer. See you in September.


No comments:

Post a Comment